Tuesday, August 27, 2013

my DUSTY BLOG

More than 3 years ago, I followed the crowds into the Blogging world when my twin daughters were just 2 years old. I never felt peer-pressured to start blogging, I simply needed to take some pressing thoughts and straighten them out on the keyboard amidst the busiest, most challenging, yet fulfilling time in my adult life. While navigating parenthood (and a non-napping baby), it was instant therapy! I love to write and I love to express. Blogging allowed me to do just that....for a short Season.

Today, my daughters are 5 1/2 years old, and I just dropped them off at their 2nd day of Kindergarten. Thankfully, they got out of the car with smiles and excitement and they LOVE their new school. Thankfully, Mommy's heart is happy and I now have open windows of "noise-less" time to focus.....rejuvenate....reflect.....to return to "therapy." It's a good day and my heart (and more time) has brought me back to this blog.

After just 5 posts & a noisy, busy, and full 3 years, I got distracted. I ran out of time and energy for "therapy." I was just trying to survive! Fast forward to now:  I dug through the list of possible passwords, and finally recovered my "dusty" blog that was still sitting there...waiting for me to return. Loyal. Quiet. Available. It may be for just a few days; it may be for a few years. But, today,  I felt compelled to write again. To take those thoughts, prayers, reflections on my Journey and put them down somewhere. Thank you, Blog, for waiting on me. For staying put when I was all over the place. For believing that I'd return someday....for letting me share my heart with you. A new Season has begun & time for more "therapy" is just what I've needed.


2 comments:

  1. Hello - lovely friend. So nice to read you again. My blog is dusty too these days. Many things in life to catch up on. Big hugs. S

    ReplyDelete
  2. Miss you....So glad to see that you are back blogging. Can't wait to read another post!!!

    ReplyDelete