Saturday, July 24, 2010

"I love you too!"

Today, Paul and I took Vivian & Elizabeth and we headed to College Station to visit my dear Uncle David who is just moments away from meeting his Savior face to face. His agressive cancer has taken its toll and Jesus has decided it's almost time to have David all to Himself. We wait. We pray. We grieve. We laugh. We cry. We remember. We love. We hope. We rest...knowing that David's 2 1/2 years of physical suffering will be gone in a second, and his body will be WHOLE--more complete than it has ever been this side of Heaven.

Today, as I proudly stood at David's bedside, softly stroking his very weak and swollen right hand, my Aunt Wendy walked over to tend to her beloved Husband of 37+ years. After offering him another sip of water and blotting his warm forehead, she lovingly and peacefully gazed for several moments into David's beautiful blue eyes and whispered, "I love you!"

There were no words. The moment was indescribeable. An "I love you" that was more profound and heartfelt than I had ever heard or SEEN before. My heart was full. My tears were many. The room was still.

Just seconds after Wendy's spoke those words, David slowly mustered up enough energy to return the solemn gaze and whispered, "I love you, too."

Thank you, Father, that You love David and that David loves YOU! Thank you for how you have loved on David through his precious wife, Wendy, and his family & friends. Thank you for the Gift of eternal life and that David will receive it once his eyes close for the last time.

2 comments:

  1. ok - stop it - you're making me cry! Can't wait to see you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for this post. This post makes a great point about focusing your efforts.
    Estetik

    ReplyDelete